Winter Warm Wear
Keeping kids warm throughout the cold winter is essential in Minnesota. Too often, we see children and adults braving our tough weather with the bare minimum of winter outer wear -- or none at all. ResourceWest receives frequent requests from Hopkins and Minnetonka school staff looking for winter clothing for students without the most basic cold weather items.
The Winter Warm Wear Program is open from November through March each year. We stock up with new or gently used winter jackets, snow pants, boots, and new hats and mittens. This program provides winter essentials for more than 600 children of local low-income families.
The program is for children from newborn to age 18. In addition, we have a limited selection of adult jackets available. Each qualified child will receive (if available) a winter jacket, a pair of snow pants, a pair of winter boots, a hat, and a pair of mittens.
Registration: October 14 - 18, 2013
Distribution: October (TBD), 2013
To qualify for this program:
- Your child(ren) must be students in the Hopkins or Minnetonka School Districts.
- Your family must have an income that qualifies your family for the Free or Reduced School Lunch Program. To see if you qualify, please contact us for the guidelines
- You must have physical custody of the children
- Your children must be under the age of 18 and registered for school.
You must bring the following to your appointment:
- Current utility bill (within 30 days for proof of residency)
- ID for yourself
- ID for your children (school ID, medical insurance cards, Social Security card)
|WWW Flyer 12.pdf||3.43 MB|
A big THANK YOU to
Gethesemane Lutheran Church's
Memorial Foundation for their
generous gift of $3,969 - they are
our newest Founders of Hope donors!
Also thank you to the
Excelsior Rotary Club's Foundation
for their donation of $2,000 to
our Back-to-School Program!
Hopkins, MN 55343
Mon - Fri 9:00-4:30
Give Local ~ Help a Neighbor
Check out our Blog: http://resourcewest.blogspot.com/