ResourceWest, a responsive community-based organization, assists people and strengthens the west metro community through collaborative programs and connections to resources.
We help build a healthier and stronger local community by connecting individuals and families to resources. We have been providing this support and assistance to our community since 1993.
Our core programs serve people of all ages and socio-economic backgrounds with deep impact in the western suburbs. Our children’s programs the cities of Minnetonka, Hopkins, Excelsior, Shorewood, Deephaven, Woodland, and Greenwood.
We collaborate with community partners connecting individuals and families to available programs and services to meet their needs. Connecting west metro residents to community resources and support is our daily mission.
We coordinate annual drives for school supplies, winter coats and gifts, coordinate a computer center and community meeting rooms, and host Relate Counseling, Hennepin Economic Assistance Outreach, and Accountability MN's tax preparation services in order for them to provide services on site for our community.
Impact in 2009:
- Over 9,000 customers either called, e-mailed, or came in for assistance (26% increase);
- The Starfish Program provided one-to-one support to over 450 clients with multiple visits and provided over 700 referrals (29% increase);
- Community Technology Center opened January 3, 2009 and staffed by volunteers who assist clients with writing resumes, filling out on-line job applications, and improving computer skills – over 450 visitors.
- The Back to School Drive provided school supplies to over 1,049 students (to-date);
Winter Warm Wear program distributed over 1,800 items of Warm Wear to over 600 children (to-date);
- The Toy Chest provided 2,500 toys to over 1,020 children;
- Through Second Harvest Food Bank we distributed 1,352 boxes of food;
- Distributed 326 emergency food bags (56% increase) and 1,420 emergency bus tokens for ICA food shelf;
- Accountability MN – served 630customers with refunds totaling $1,165,742;
- Children’s Dental Service held two (2) clinics with us. In April 2009 they had approximately 30 appointments and saw 26 children and October 2009 they had approximately 30 appointments and saw 27 children;
- Relate Counseling continues their program here providing four (4) hours of free professional counseling to our customers every week;
- HousingLink – we provide access to information via this website which lists affordable housing vacancies in the seven (7) county metropolitan area; and
- An Economic Assistance Outreach Worker from Hennepin County Economic Assistance is in the Center every Thursday to assist families with applications for food stamps, cash assistance, and Medical Assistance.
ResourceWest offers direct services that include:
- Information and Referral service
- Project Starfish (One-to-One Support)
- Community Technology Center
- Back-to-School (school supply drive)
- Winter Warm Wear (Winter outer wear clothing drive)
- Toy Chest (Holiday gift drive)
- Community Meeting Rooms
- Free fax, copier, and phone use (with some limitations)
ResourceWest also hosts the following agencies:
- ICA Emergency Food Bags
- MAC & NAPS Distribution Site
- Relate Counseling
- AccountAbility Minnesota – Tax Preparation Site
- Hennepin County Economic Assistance Outreach Worker
- Children's Dental Services
|2007-08 Annual Report||6.19 MB|
A big THANK YOU to
Gethesemane Lutheran Church's
Memorial Foundation for their
generous gift of $3,969 - they are
our newest Founders of Hope donors!
Also thank you to the
Excelsior Rotary Club's Foundation
for their donation of $2,000 to
our Back-to-School Program!
Hopkins, MN 55343
Mon - Fri 9:00-4:30
Give Local ~ Help a Neighbor
Check out our Blog: http://resourcewest.blogspot.com/